Let us make your next event a little sweeter! Visit our website www.treatmesweet.org

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Jungle Themed Baby Shower Cupcake Favors

I was asked to make cupcake favors for a young lady's baby shower. They were sick of the tired and old knick knack given as favors in the past that most of the time get trashed or collect dust on a shelf somewhere. What better favor to give then something delicious to eat and sweet to look at! The theme was Jungle Safari so I set out to look for pictures of jungle animal shaped cupcakes. Many of the pictures I found were done with fondant covered cupcakes shaped into animal faces. As cute as they were my only hesitancy was about the taste. As someone who LOVES cupcakes I worried about how the cupcake would taste without the best part....FROSTING! So I decided to dip the tops in chocolate ganache and frost with homemade buttercream. I then created the animal faces with fondant on circle discs. This way you can remove the disc before eating as many people don't like the taste of fondant and still have a delicious frosted cupcake to enjoy! They were a big hit and came out just as cute as all the others I saw online.

monkey cupcake

elephant cupcake

giraffe cupcake

lion cupcake


Boxed in clear cube and personalized label with ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Treat Me Sweet Copyright 2009 Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez