Let us make your next event a little sweeter! Visit our website www.treatmesweet.org

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Black and White Wedding Cake

The month of May is here and the parties are in full swing!! I had to pull off a wedding cake, Communion cake and Communion Dessert Table, all before Mother's Day! I guess a relaxing Mother's Day weekend doesnt apply to bakers! LOL

A dear friend wanted to provide the wedding cake for her niece's wedding in Pennsylvania. I made this three tiered cake for her with vanilla cake and vanilla chip buttercream filling. The cake was covered in white fondant with black lace and rhinestone ribbon trim. The flowers on top are gumpaste roses purchased from my favorite cake supply store http://www.nycake.com

Communion Dessert Table

My niece's Communion was this past weekend and I wanted to do something special for her party.
Alexa Rose on her first Holy Communion
I started with a cupcake tower decorated with 50 cupcakes in various flavors and topped with fondant circles with chocolate piped cross. The table was embellished with brown and pink candy and desserts to compliment the cupcakes. I decorated the cake topper in a cherry blossom theme to pick up the pink and brown colors. I love a dessert table with a combination of candy and treats. This one featured chocolate covered pretzels, marshmallow pops, taffy, lollipops, candy sticks and chocolate and strawberry malt balls. I trimmed all the glass jars with pink and brown pindot gros grain ribbon. Hershey bars were included as favors that were wrapped in personalized wrappers in honor of the Communion girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Treat Me Sweet Copyright 2009 Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez