Let us make your next event a little sweeter! Visit our website www.treatmesweet.org

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Barbie Doll Cake

I was asked to make a doll cake this week for a little girl turning 3. Mom told me she was a big Snow White fan so she wanted the doll to resemble Snow White. This was my first attempt at making one of these doll cakes and I was anxious to make it look as good as possible. There are many pictures online of these types of cakes and many of them tend to look a bit unbalanced and oddly shaped. I ended up purchasing the Wilton WonderMold pan to make this cake as I felt it reflected the skirt shape the best. I added another 8" layer at the bottom, so all together, after torting the skirt, there were 3 filling layers and 4 layers of cake. I then carved it a bit more to get a slimmer and more flattering shape. I also added buttercream lines over the crumb coat to allow for the look of pleats on the skirt. I used a real Barbie doll in the center, instead of one of those half doll picks so the birthday girl could have a doll to keep afterwards. I placed the whole thing on a green fondant covered cake board and added a gumpaste scroll and flowers to complete the look.

Very happy with the end results! Happy Birthday Victoria!





1 comment:

  1. This cake was amazing!
    When ordering, I was more so concerned about the look of the cake that I completely overlooked the issue of taste. Well, it exceeded my expectations on BOTH accounts..
    Myself and my guests went wild over the look and taste. I got vanilla with Nutella filling.
    The cake was so moist and even the leftovers maintained ALL of its moisture.
    Completely satisfied customer!

    ReplyDelete

 

Treat Me Sweet Copyright 2009 Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez