Let us make your next event a little sweeter! Visit our website www.treatmesweet.org

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Candy Themed Topsy Turvy Cake

This cake has to be my favorite cake to date. I was asked to duplicate a cake seen on my favorite website www.pinkcakebox.com. This cake was for a sweet sixteen and the birthday girls colors were black, silver and fuchsia. The cake was a topsy turvy cake trimmed in different types of candies. I changed the colors to match the birthday girls party. I made the lollipops with fondant so they would match better than store bought ones. I used hot pink and silver gumballs around the base of two tiers and good and plenty candy on the other two. The number sixteen on top was made with fondant mixed with gumpaste. To get the true silver look I purchased the edible silver spray paint and sprayed the pieces before laying them on the cake. I found this easier than trying to paint petal dust on the fondant. The look was completed with some Hershey Kisses and Smarties candies. This was a blast to make and I was so truly proud of the final results!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Treat Me Sweet Copyright 2009 Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez