Let us make your next event a little sweeter! Visit our website www.treatmesweet.org

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mets Jersey Cake

Saturday night at 11:00 pm and this is the first chance I could get to catch up on my blogging!!! LOL Every weekend has become a two job weekend and there isn't enough time in the days to get it all done.

Last weekend I was asked to make a Mets Jersey cake for a young man's 21st birthday. I used two layers of a half sheet cake and carved out the shape of a shirt. I used for a guide my son's cotton t-shirt. It worked great in getting the shape right for the sleeves and sides. I downloaded the Mets Logo from the internet and printed it out on an edible icing sheet. I think this was the most important part for the cake to look as good as it did. The pinstripes were first drawn with a fondant pen and then over again with a fine paintbrush. An actual size baseball on the side finished off the look!
chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream filling


Rehearsal Dinner Cake

During that same weekend I was also asked to make a small cake for a rehearsal dinner. The wedding colors are royal blue and white so I made a 9" two layer cake covered in white fondant with royal blue and silver satin ribbon trims. I also used an edible icing sheet to print the happy couples names adhered to the front of the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Treat Me Sweet Copyright 2009 Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez